How wide will you go
When you make your own custom wedding ring you not only need to know the finger size but also how wide you would like the ring.
The width of your band is completely your preference, there is no right or wrong. However, the width will impact the weight and feel of the band, in addition to expressing your own specific style. Check out the descriptions and pictures on this page to help you find the size that is right for you.
Widths – Recommended for the DIY workshop
- 2 mm: The thinnest ring you’d want to make for a wedding ring.
- 3 mm: A traditional width that works well when placed with an engagement ring or when looking for something very dainty. This width is also perfect for engraving on the inside of the ring.
- 4 mm: Medium, the more common selection for a stand-alone women’s ring or men wanting a slim style.
- 6 mm: Not the largest possible, but is good and wide for a bigger hand or stronger presence.
- 7 mm: A large, wide band for a very substantial look.
- 8 mm: A big ring for a big hand! This will be a very thick and heavy wedding ring.
Ring Profile Options
Have questions about the different sizes and ring profiles CONTACT US or send us a message below and we will contact you.